Speakers for Bedroom - Vinyl/Vintage equipment

Looking for some suggestions for speakers for a master bedroom. Dimensions are 24x20. Would like to spend no more than $1500. This system will be strictly a vinyl system. Using Pioneer 1978 SX-80 receiver with 45watts and a Pioneer PL-51 turntable. Diverse types of music including; Rock, 80's Pop/Rock, 50's music, Jazz. No classical or country. Would prefer no subwoofer to be involved. Thank you!
pmshow

Showing 2 responses by ths364

If you are trying to stay vintage, original large Advents will work quite nicely or you could stay with Pioneer and find some hpm-100's. You might luck into a pair of Altec or Klipsch (the bigger horn loaded speakers) if you have the floor space available. With 45w available you'll likely want something 90db or better in terms of efficiency. Let us know what you end up with!
I can also recommend Dahlquist dqm-9's there are parts and service still available from Regnar (no affiliation).
Also, other DCM models from the same era as the Time Windows are quite superb IMO. Time Frame 600's are very nice as are CX-17's. I have a cosmetically challenged set of the CX-17 that have outperformed many other speakers in a 14x 20 room. they were driven by a Pioneer SX-770. (20wpc I believe).
Mapman makes a good point in re: performance and reliability.
There are many very good new speakers out there in your price range.But I couldn't possibly describe how happy I feel when I sit down to listen to a 70's receiver through
a pair of 70's Altecs. Enjoy the hunt!