Speaker upgrade around 100k retail

Hi guys,

I'm selling my Focal Maestro Utopia III speakers, which I love very much. Nothing wrong with them, I only have the bug again. So here are the ones I'm considering as next step

- Focal Stella Utopia EM (not the new EVO)
- Rockport Altair 2
- Magico M Project
- Tidal Agoria

My system:

CH Precision C1 + D1 / dCS Rossini
Krell EVO Two
Krell FPB 450 mcx / Lamm M1.2 / Burmester 911 monos
Tara Labs cabling

I would buy them as ex-demo or second hand, price differences are within 10-20k range.

So please share your thoughts, experiences, suggestions. Which one yould you choose?
ssblnt99

Showing 2 responses by audition__audio

AudioMachina makes an active array that is unlike anything I have ever heard. External amplifiers of a completely unique design make this system completely unlike any system in existence. Only speaker to correctly handle amplitude vs. time (key to this are the amps I believe). Mounts in corners and significantly reduces the need for room treatments. 

Ascendo out of Germany makes a Model M speaker that was superb in its earlier iterations and has no doubt been improved. Rockports are always excellent.

A problem you face with large high end dynamic designs is the physical size of the cabinet. I always void mirror image designs with a woofer and midrange which is above a center tweeter/tweeters. Lansche is always a contender. 

Simple fact is that a crossover is a real problem and this component intrinsically limits any design which uses one. 
Yes you are correct, the Lansch speakers I have liked were the smaller models that were not mirror imaged (for want of a better term). 

Only heard the Alsyvox once at a show but they were very very impressive.