Speaker that are 'KEEPERS" for the long haul!!!

For years and years, I brought in a multitude of different speakers into my listening room, never really being truly, completely satisfied with any of them. So the speaker merry-go-round went on and on, until I finally found the speakers that put all of that to rest. Not only was I dissatisfied, I was also going broke in the process. All that buying and selling was killing me and stressing me out, as well. It was the Revel Salon 2 speakers that finally got the job done for me. Once I got my hot little hands on the Revel Salon 2 speakers, it was all over. Now, I have absolutely no desire to switch out the Salons for anything else. The Revel Salon 2 speakers covered all the sonic bases for me, truly capturing my imagination, from top to bottom, like none of the others completely did. I get to hears all the new speakers at dealers and at shows, and they all sound just awesome, too.  But, still, for my money, the Salons 2s are the ones (they’re just that good). The Revel Salon 2 speakers turned out to be all the speaker I think I’ll ever need, and will be with me for the duration. For which, my ears and my wallet thank me.

kennymacc

Since all speakers at all price points have pros and cons (easily realized when one has an eclectic taste in music), it helps to own a few different types of speakers.

That being said, Salon 2 is kickass.

Paradoxically , i owned my Tannoy dual gold concentric mallorcan , paid 300 bucks in 1976, for 45 five years... I even owned two pairs... In case...

They were more than good...

But Alas ! I sold them 1000 bucks each pair ( they now sell a few years later 3,500 bucks ) BEFORE I LEARNED SMALL ROOM ACOUSTIC... Then i never listened to them really at their real peak potential at all ...

😊

Now i am in headphone by fate ,  which are so good  when well optimized , i console myself...

Lesson one :

Nevermind the speakers you own, it does not matter so much as you think ...Even if they are good for the "long haul"...

Lesson two:

You dont know them if you have not put them in an acoustical environment for them..

Lesson three :

Most headphones for me are bad compared to speakers , even to speakers in a living room in many case... Then stick to your speakers and think about your room ...

Alas! i dont advise to buy an AKG K340 , because it takes me 6 months of experiments  before being satisfied... A complex technology to handle well...

Audio is acoustic knowledge not brand gear knowledge...

I tend to own sets of speakers for a very long time, and those speakers tend to be small box monitors that are either manufactured in Britain or are influenced by British/BBC tastes. I seldom just go out and replace a pair of speakers. Most of the time I buy a new set of speakers simply because one of my speakers goes belly-up. Yeah, having a subwoofer is pretty important, but from mid-bass on up the Brit style monitors project convincing dynamics, staging and tone, at least for Classical & acoustic jazz. Obviously, I'm not a sound pressure junkie, either.  Right now? A pair of NOLA Boxers. Enjoying the heck out of 'em, too.

I’ve had at least one pair of Ohm Walsh since ~ 1981. 

Many other have come and gone.  

The Revels have received a lot of good buzz over the years.  Not surprised they are keepers. 

Aerial Acoustics 7T's.  These speakers are stunningly good across the frequency range.