Speaker question

I have a Nord class D 227 wpc tri- mono amp to run my front 3 channels. It does have an upgraded op amp buffer. Trying to decide on the L and R. Proac D30r’s or 20r’s…. ATC SCM 40V2’s. My center channel is a paradigm 600c. The Proac’s tend to be expensive. Coastal NC. No way to demo.

aleon

Those Ushers are nice , but they are huge and heavy. Another possibility is the PMC TWENTY5 24i

Usher also makes the Mini One that’s very comparable in size/weight to the ATCs and are only $4090, in case you didn’t see those. 

https://soundapproach.com/usher-dancer-mini-one-tower-speaker-pair.html

A couple of the benefits of the ATC’s, and I have the SCM 40 V2, is that they are not picky about placement and they’re quite good off axis. So without knowing your situation, I don’t know if these things matter to you, but they mattered to me. in terms of their overall performance, I’ve been very happy with them above and beyond the two elements I mentioned. There are plenty of reviews to peruse about this. I bought them without hearing them ahead of time and as you can probably surmise, I have been very pleased.

How about at low volume? I’ve read that they really don’t start to sing until they start getting cranked up.

+1 @m669326 that the ATCs are less finicky about placement, and the Ushers I recommended definitely appreciate more breathing room to fully express what they can do, but so do ProAcs.  And yes, ATCs are not the best choice for low-level listening if that’s a big concern.  Always trade offs.