Speaker match with Pass Labs XA-160

Just upgraded to XA-160 monos. Currently running X-350 with an X-1 pre. Speakers are Audio Physic Virgo IIs with REL Storm III subs in stereo config. Any thoughts on full range speakers that would match well with these gems.
gandme

Showing 4 responses by tboooe

Greg:

I have BW 802d and I talked directly to Pass about whether I should get the x600.5 or the XA160. They emphatically recommend the x600.5. So in case you end up getting the 802d that is something to consider.
Thank you boa2. Have you listened to the new .5 series? I would agree with a few of your adjectives when describing the previous series. I felt they were a bit dry, clinical, sterile. The new .5 series is very similar to that XA series but they still retain the same detail, dynamics.

Thanks again!
cwlondon: based on my experience with the new .5 amps, I would say they are very much up to the task. Now they are never going to sound like tube amps. So if you are looking for some serious warm, liquid, palpable sound, then I think you should look for tubes. However, if you want the best of ss and tubes then the I think the new .5 or XA Pass Labs give you this.