Speaker isolation - spikes on puck, springs, sorbothane

I’ve recently become aware of the idea of using platforms like townshend, or Gaia, or a suitable Sorbothane product. My Wilson Sophia are 160lbs each and currently sit on a suspended second floor in my living room of my wood frame house. I’ve also discovered a plethora of isolating cable springs used in aviation and industrial applications. My speakers are on the wilson conical diodes and brass discs. 
there are number of ways to do this, the cable style seem they’d be the best at absorbing the widest frequencies vs a straight spring. 

any thoughts observations, cautions?

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xadsell

You are likely to get as many suggestions as posts.

My suggestion is to give these a try.  They will give you an introduction to decoupling/isolating, and it may be the only $28 you need to spend.  Think about weight distribution, total weight, and a mild tilt back as you could either try 4@2” under each speaker, 4@2.5”, or 2.5” in the front (the drivers are bolted to the front baffle so there is probably more weight distributed to the front), and 2” in the back, which is what I use for my 175 lb speaker/stand combo.

Yet another option is the Stack Audio Auva isolators. I have a set of the Auva 70 isolators on a pair of Focal Sopra 2. My floor is tile over concrete slab. They do exactly as advertised. Very pleased with the results vs. the stock spikes on the  Herbie's decoupling glider discs.