Speaker cable vs. interconnect cable length

I am faced with either running long interconnect cables from the receiver to the external amp with short speaker cables or long speaker cables with short interconnects. The total length will be about 25 feet. Which scenario would be better?

Thanks...
icsi
Tgun5, that's out of my price range. I like the concept, though. We use stuff like this all the time at work - that is, wire to fiber converters. Mostly either for digital data or streaming video. The fiber converters we use, however, are not that small.
Interconnect carries just signal
Speaker cable carries signal and power
More issues with long speaker cable
Use short speaker cable
Our experience would indicate that short speaker cables/ long interconnects will out-perform long speaker cables/ short interconnects almost every time.

The circumstances under which one can "get away with" long speaker cables would be in a system which utilizes extremely efficient speakers ... something exceeding 95db/watt where current requirements are vanishingly low.

Yours in Music,
I seem to remember Fulton suggesting an optimum length for the interconnect(anyone remember this?). I thought it was something like 27 inches, but when I measured some Fulton browns, they were like 53 inches(approximately). I believe that Transparent audio says there is an optimum length per type of cable. This doesn't pertain so much to your particular problem, but there doesn't seem to be another thread about interconnect length. I just want to mention that the 8 feet+ that Mapleshade recommends was probably done with much work(i.e. I trust them).