Speaker break in period

Is this a myth or what? I understand with bass drivers the spiders can be a bit stiff...but other than that...imaging and soundstaging abilities really dont improve IMHO..any thoughts?
128x128phasecorrect
It is definately NOT a myth - the rubber or foam driver surrounds, cones, crossover parts (inductors, resistors & caps)and wiring all need to break-in for 100-200 hours before the speaker sounds the way the mfgr. intended.
I've heard the improvement in mine. They seem to gradually improve during the break-in period. I'm not done yet, so far its been about 75 hours.
The change in tonal balance during break-in is significant to the abilities of the speaker, but break-in is more a of reality for some speakers than others.
I've heard gradual changes in speakers and then WHAMMO !!! It was as if another bass unit was added to the cabinet and a sheet was lifted off of the speakers. I've had this happen on two different occasions. Both times, i had been sitting and listening for several hours on end and then it was like "magic" happened in the middle of a recording. Can't explain it, nor do i worry about it. It will happen, so just count on it. While i don't recommend "throttling" the speakers to speed up the process, the more signal that you feed them, the sooner it will happen. Sean
>