Spades or bananas connectors?

Hallo out there,

Which connector would you recommend me between my speakercables and my single wire speakers (Dynaudio)? Spades or bananas? The speakercables is Supra Sword.
audioangel
Bare wire... why introduce yet another physical contact (barrier?) in the audio chain?
2 reasons for not using barewire from hi-fi point of view:

1]The metals get oxidized very rapidly and result in deterioration of sonic transfer especially at the extreme frequencies.You will lose the 3-d image , the emotions of the performers will be missing and the ambiance of the hall will also be gone.These are the things we hold dear to our heart,andcan easily be heard in very transparent systems.

2]The amount of stress induced on the wire will be much greater.stressed wire produce muffled sound.

the solution?Use the best connectors you could afford.Bocchino and WBT{nextgen series are especially good for banana] make the best connectors IMHO
Let's clear some misconceptions shall we?

By: Nelson Pass

"Copper and aluminum oxidize quickly and oils from our fingers find their way to the conductor surfaces, causing poor contact; so on more than one occasion the dramatic improvement provided by an exotic cable has merely demonstrated the extremely poor quality of the previous cable's long neglected connections. Wire connections can age, and anyone wishing to accurately evaluate the newer cable's improved quality should first renew the contacts on his current set. Banana plugs and five-way binding posts make excellent connectors as long as they are kept clean; however, while the connector's plated surface resists corrosion, the wire to the connector interface can become bad and should be periodically checked, especially if it is subject to motion."

"Speaker wire terminations are optional and largely for convenience, as bare wire ends work just as well electrically, and may work better mechanically as adding a termination introduces another potential point of error in installation or of failure over time."

Doesn't the use of dissimilar metals create ultimate changes in cable conductivity?

The brass that is used in most cable connectors.... Bananas, Spade lugs, etc. have a conductivity rate of about 40%. Is that how YOUR cables are terminated?

Check out the conductivity of "Audiophile" beryllium coppers on the link below:

http://www.copper.org/applications/industrial/DesignGuide/conductalloy02.html[/url]

Should we now discuss the capacitance issues sometime created with termination?

BTW.... Cable terminations, no matter what type/brand, require the SAME amount of cleaning/maintenance as any bared end termination. If you may think not, clean yours and be surprised.

Buscis2.

I think Nelson pass's statement might be true if you are referrinng to nonspecialized connector manufacturers.

BTW have actully TRIED Bocchino or WBT connectors,or it is just an armchair observations?