Soundproof material for a dedicated room

I'm thinking of converting one of my rooms to dedicated audio room. Since it's a condo and there are neighbours to the side of me on 2 sides, I'm trying to figure out what I could put on the walls to prevent the sound going next door. Can I get away with just gluing something on the walls or would it help if I built a wall on top of the existing one and put something inbetween. Looking for something that won't break the bank, but also something that is effective. Waf is non-issue. What soundproof product or materials would you guys recommend?

Thank you all for your inputs
branislav

Showing 1 response by buconero117

If you are 'serious, serious' it is not time to fool around with any of the suggestions already made. Only lead wall paper will work. Yes, there is such a product, and it is expensive, with professional installation. Children? Forget it. I used this product over twenty years ago to 'silence' a furnace as part of a basement media room. Work well. Also had the duct work treated to cut down on air flow noise. As all have said, it will take trial and error to find the best solution. Your neighbors must be part of the solution.