Sound insulation advice for home theater room in middle of the house?

I'm an interior designer working on a house where the client wants to create a movie room. I need some recommendations for the materials to soundproof the walls.

Part of the complication is that they want 2 doors into the room (1 on each side - see image below), as well as a movable partition that separates the movie room from the family room. According to my limited knowledge, this makes MLV (my first choice) basically useless? Due to the number of openings?

What would you recommend, for a midrange budget, to outfit the walls (and possibly the doors) with sound reduction materials?

They're not planning to blast movies at full volume, but they do want to invest into soundproofing so they don't need to always worry about disturbing the kids or guests.

Also, the middle of the house is a vast open space, and it's very "echo-ey". We had 5 people trying to have a conversation, and it was almost unbearable. Any recommendations for making it more tolerable from audio quality perspective, while keeping to a clean and minimal look?

If anyone is willing to do a personal consultation (20-30-minute Zoom call to go over the floorplan and make recommendations, more for my own education / curiosity, but also to make a nice final product for the client) - I'm willing to pay a reasonable amount.

Thank you in advance!

nathank9000

We designed and sound proofed rev runs home theater for the show rev runs renovation

Season 2 Secreat cinema

Most sound proofing doesn’t work as it won’t block bass frequencies so you need a solution with mass. Only mass can block bass.

WE came up with a quiet rock clone for a fraction of the price using durarock green glue and sheet rock.

Dave and troy

Audio intellect Nj.

An alternative to the above, try these people

Generally speaking, however, you will have a hard time taming bass resonances in that smallish room! Mass behind the couch is one way -- but you don;t seem to have much room there either

Agree with the above.  Solid heavy sealed MDF doors, double staggered studs, double sheet rock, all would go to waste with the removable partition.  That's a deal breaker.

This book has a lot of great info.  Chapters 6, 10, and 11 in particular would be helpful for tips on room design with instructions any competent contractor could follow. 

http://www.gedlee.com/downloads/HT/Home_theater.pdf