Soulution 725 or Robert Koda Takumi k10?

Hi,

I'd like to replace my Mark Levinson 380 and next week I'm going to listen to the Soulution: I've never had this chance. But what about the Takumi? Have you ever experienced one of those ? What do you think ?

renatocomes

Showing 5 responses by charles1dad

+1 @jond ,

It's been said before  but at a level like this it's all about individual preference and taste. No dog in this group. As a tube guy I'd love to hear the sonic character and presentation differences between Aries Cerat and Thomas Mayer head to head.

Charles 

I have no doubt that the Aries Cerat preamplifiers sound extraordinary. I’ve read/ heard very high praise of their Kassandra DAC and 813 output tubed SET amplifiers.

Charles

And yet another would replace the Naga HD with the Robert KodacTakumi 10. The eternal beauty of High End audio, choice.

Charles

@renatocomes ,

I agree with @jond, if at all a possibility try to listen to them prior to purchase (I know, easier said than done, especially the Robert Koda). Given your additional comments I feel even more sure the Koda Takumi is your better choice.

Thomas Mayer products are custom order projects and heirloom quality (With cost commensurate). He can extract great sound from any tube and certainly from a DHT tube. My line stage uses a DHT (101D) and it sounds exquisite.

Given your described tastes and music preferences the Robert Kodak Takumi 10 and the Thomas Mayer choices would leave you ecstatic with musical joy! I am not dismissive of the Soulution but in my opinion it moves in different sonic direction entirely. Best wishes in your endeavor.

Charles

I've heard a few  Soulution based systems several times at audio shows  and can't claim to know the sound of the 725 specifically, just a general feel of the brand's "house sound". 

From all I've read or heard about, the Robert Kodak Takumi is a very special wonderful sounding preamplifier. My gut feeling pushes me strongly in the direction of the Robert Kodak. I hope that you find the opportunity to hear both.

Charles