Soooooooo many possibilities...!

Hello folks :)
Humbly request to tap into the vast experience and knowledge that is the Audiogonners history.
What preamp and/or phono stage would give a really nice soundstage, and sound, with my equipment?
Said equipment consists of a pair of McIntosh MC1000 amps, a pair of McIntosh XR200 speakers, and a Denon DP 59L turntable.
Audio Research Ref 6 has not sold me, and, wonder if something else out there may sound better...  Also, is an Audio Research Ref 2 Phono a good route to go?
Thank you:)
audioglow
Yer funny hedgehog.  No affiliation, ey?  lol
Question for you, Matt M, anyone else:
Has anyone had any difficulty with the noise floor of the Manley Steelhead, or, with its producing a hum due to IC's or other wires being to close?  Would shielded cables alleviate or help alleviate this?
Thanks
I’ve never owned the Steelhead, but my Jumbo Shrimp and Chinook were very quiet - no humming noise. I used them with both shielded and unshielded ICs. 
Greetings fsonicsmith:)  Personally I like the sound pushing outside the speakers.  Regarding the ref 6 experience.
An analogy.  Some houses in the suburbs around here have houses all in rows.  A home shares a property line with a house to the left and to the right.  And their lawns meet at the lines.  So a guy has a tractor mower and he mows all 3 front lawns (the neighbors have push mowers).  He starts at the front of the homes and with nice cuts/lines mows until he hits the street.  So, this guys young son wants to ride that tractor mower sumpth'n fierce (what kid wouldn't:), and, the guy really doesn't want to mow (it's flipp'n hot out there!).   So two birds one stone, up youngster gets on that bad boy and... yeeehaw, gits r going.  Wellllll... there are loops n circles n zig-zags n more.  Patches are cut, others not.  Its a patchwork maze.  Some places they way should be and others not making it.  Kinda like my ref 6 experience.  The property lines are the speakers and the mower went outside the property line.  And the lawn got mowed, just not nicely or completely... it did not come together into a beautiful picture.  Granted the room or the speaker location may have played a role...  Hey now, I never said it was a great analogy, lol :)  Will give the ref 6 another go sometime soon though:)
Thank you!
Rats.  Atmo-Sphere MP-3 has no remote.  Which would be nice.
The Manley Steelhead latedt version does.

Any relatable info for:
Audible Illusions Modulus 3B, Ayre, or Simaudio 740p?
Thanks
Yes, the MP-3 does have a remote.
Call Ralph at Atma-Sphere.
An Ayre KX-R or KX-5 would also work.
B