Sony UPB-X1000ES as a two channel stereo SACD player

I have Sony DVP-NS999ES. I am thinking of upgrading it, and came across Sony UPB-X1000ES. Would it outperform DVP-NS999ES as a CD/SACD player? 
I have Plinius SA102, Plinius M16, and Harbeth/Tyler/Apogee speakers as 2 channel stereo setup.
Video playback is not much of concern.
Much appreciate your input.

128x128ihcho
The Sony UPB-X1000ES is ok, but nothing special, as a CD/ SACD player.  It requires connection to a video monitor to play CDs/SACDs.  I was looking for a SACD player to replace a Sony SCD555ES that was starting to show its age.  This is not the player.

Pretty good with videos.  But it does occasionally lock up during playback and requires shutting down to, in essence, restart the player.

My advice ... look elsewhere, but it will cost at least twice to three times as much.  

Rich 
ihcho
Consult Dan Wright at ModWright for a possible upgrade to the DVP-NS999ES. If you enjoy the Sony ES sound, consider a 5400ES CD/SACD player. This spinner would be an upgrade to the player currently owned and can be found on eBay or U.S. Audiomart.

Happy Listening!
Thanks for your response.
I am not a fan of Sony ES player. Actually, I am not biased toward any brand. 
I've had a few cheap ~ mid priced players (like NAD C 540, Marantz CD recorder DR700, Arcam FMJ CD23, Sony DVP-NS999ES).
My problem is, I cannot tell much difference from all those players I've had. 
For phono preamp and phono cartridges, I could readily tell the differences between different brands at difference price levels, but not on CD players. (I'm using Ortfon SPUs and low MC cartridges now).
I'll give a try to Sony 5400ES. I"ve been also thinking at Oppo 150. If the price is the same (indeed they look like sell at around $1000~$1200, used), Sony 5400ES will be a better CD/SACD player? Or, the difference would be minimal and it is up to listener's taste?
Thanks again.
Not being able to tell the difference amongst a group of similarly priced CD players is not a problem, within the mid priced grouping they do sound fairly similar.  Just like with most components, to hear a substantial difference you need to move up several levels.  

How important is CD playback to you?  If not that much and if you must have SACD playback, this Yamaha 1060 could do the trick.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HY4W0OS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Not the best, certainly not the worst.  

Rich   
I’m not sure whether the Yamaha player would be noticeably better than Sony DVP-NS999ES on CD or SACD.
If Sony 5400ES (the flagship player a while ago) or Oppo 150 (something that everybody regards high) would not sound noticeably better than any of players that I mentioned, how high would I need to look at?
Thanks again.
I am currently listening to the Pioneer BDP-LX50, which arrived 2 days ago.  First impressions are very positive.
The Yamaha is most likely not better than the Sony DVP - NS999ES and that is because both players are DVD players at heart.  I never liked the Oppo and never got all the fuss (sorry).  The Sony 5400ES was around for a very small period of time and I never auditioned one as my Sony SCD555ES was going strong (could use with a new laser).  It is unfortunate that Sony had only one center that would service the original SACD players (Laredo) and that facility did not do a consistent job. 

I have been looking for the CD & SACD player that will be the last major CD player purchase of my lifetime (stuff you think about in your 60s).  I have been looking at the new Technics.  I can afford the $3K, I just need to be ok with it.  

https://www.technics.com/us/products/grand-class/network-super-audio-cd-player-sl-g700.html

I also ask why even continue to chase SACDs?  I only have a handful of non hybrid SACDs, so the best CD only player would make the most sense.  In my experience, the more expensive the player, the better the sound.    

Rich
ihcho
you have certainly owned a few good players. If you liked the Arcam FMJ, seek out, the FMJ CD36.
Back to SACD. This format is still relevant in 2019 moving into 2020.There are a few Sony ES players, as well as, Pioneer Elite DV-79AVi or the newer LX-500.  Keep me posted on your purchase decision.
Happy Listening!
I bought Oppo 105D and Esoteric UZ-1, both used.
Oppo does not sound noticeably better than my other players on my system.
My system is Plinius power/pre amp and Harbeth compact 7 speakers.
Esoteric indeed sound noticeably better. I guess now I can listen to my CDs.
I’ll use Oppo as a Blu-Ray player.
 I’ll play around with some different ICs and speaker cables. Will post later about my findings.
Again, thanks for your response.
ihcho
Looking forward in reading about Cabling experimentation. Have fun!
Happy Listening!