Sony SCD-1 as transport?

Does anyone have any direct experience in using the Sony SCD-1 as a transport for their DAC? If so, does the SCD-1 make a good transport? Any comparisons to other transports would also be helpful. There has been both negative and postive comments made on the Sony 777ES as a transport in a previous thread.
rlf
Actually, that's exactly what it does best. CD payback is good, SACD is excellent, but with a first-rate digital cable (NBS 0 RCA-RCA) through a really fine external DAC (dCS Purcell and Elgar) it out-performed my Levinson 37 (using a balanced NBS 0 cable). One caution--it's the transport part of the Sony that most requires the extended break-in period. Don't expect this result before you've had 4-500 hours use.
I've been running my SCD-1 through a Dodson 217 mkII 'D' DAC and Stealth Varidig Signature for the past four months and can't complain. A bit less glare/edginess in the upper freqs and a bit more forward midrange. Bass is quite nice, but somewhat similar to the Sony sans DAC.
Thanks for the info Mgottlieb & Chris. The reason that I am concerned about the sonics of the SCD-1 used a transport is due to the fact that a reviewer stated that "the SCD-1 has a low quality digital output conversion method." However I don't know whether this is based on facts or just assumptions based on listening sessions by this reviewer. I am also aware that the Dodson 217 DAC is less sensitive to transports than many DACs due to its extensive reclocking features. The transport that the SCD-1 will replace is a Theta Data Basic II transport.
rlf,
i have used my scd-1 with a ML 360s for cd playback for a while. the SCD-1, given its price, is not a bad transport. I have found that Filter 3 on the SCD-1 playing CDs sounds closest to SCD1 as transport feeding a 360s. to my ears that is. unless you have a pretty good DAC, you might want to use the SCD1 as is.