Sonus Faber peeling leather

Hi
I recently bought a pair of SF Lilium, BNIB, and upon unpacking, found that the leather had started to peel. The dealer took them back. The dealer is having it re- wrapped but I was wondering if anyone has done this properly (not just sticking another layer over it) or does it have to go back to the factory to be done properly?
Thanks
J
128x128jared_lee
I would say this is a total anomaly.  I wouldn't fret it.  You will get new speakers and you will be totally happen. They are beautiful looking and sounding. I'm envious.  
I lived in south east Asia and with the tropical climate here. My cremona M is peeling as well. I am interested to know if anyone has successfully manage to restore it somehow?
Thx for the inputs and suggestions. I did not pay full retail but it was sold to me as BNIB and it was uncrated in my home.  Dealer has taken back the speakers, but gave me the option to still purchase it after refurbishment, but with no further reductions in price (since it was sold below full retail).  
As the leather has no impact upon sound reproduction, and if SF is refurbing them, why not buy them back?-especially if you got a good price.
Bob