Sonus Faber Cremona Auditors - Room Size

Hi,

I liked the way SF Cremona Auditors present music. I like totem sound as well. But SF Cremona Auditors sounded a bit better to my taste. But I have a doubt whether such a small monitor with 6" woofer can fill a 20 x 20 room with music or not. The other options I like are SF Grand Piano Domus (a lot more than I want to pay), Totem Forest and Totem Hawk. Can you please let me know how will cremna auditor perform in a 20 x 20 room. I am thinking of pairing SF (both GP and Cremona Auditor) with cary SLI 80.

Grakesh
grakesh
How high are your ceilings? It depends on your musical tastes and volume levels you play music at. Personally, I think you'll be fine. The Auditors like a little bit of room to breathe anyways.
I agree, the ceiling height is key. I have a room of similar size, with high ceilings, and the Auditors definitely did not cut it when I took them home to audition. It made me sad, because they are beautiful, and in a smaller room they sound great. In my opinion, they are also the best bargin in the SF line.
Hi,

Roof is 8 ft high. But I will moving the system to a higher roof room sometime in the near future...So currently it is 20 x 20 x 8...pretty soon it will be 20 x 20 x 18. Can you please let me know whether Auditors can work in these two rooms ? I read that Auditors can take upto 250 watts. I hope they can fill the bigger room at that wattage

Grakesh