Something just isn't there

I'm hoping some of you with experience can help me evaluate my system. It is, of course, hard to put words on sonic character but sometimes it just isn't there. My system is quite detailed and can have a very nice soundstage but rarely does it grab me. 

The system:Magnum Dynalab MD209 hybrid tube/SS amp,
Manley Chinook tube phono preamp,
Oracle Alexandria factory refurbished,
Oracle Prelude tonearm
Ortophon MC 20 super cart
Joseph Audio RM22si speakers
Audioquest Caldera speaker wire. 

As I have been upgrading the system, I'm left thinking that either speakers or room treatment need attention next.
My room is approximately 12x25with hardwood floor, hard surfaces including art and wooden furniture, two big sofas, and several doorways and windows.   My wife won't take kindly to funky acoustic treatments.Of course the speakers and cartridge are just plain old.  I find auditioning speakers daunting and worry that the showroom experience will not be representative of my home and my electronics. 
Any thoughts would be appreciated. 
Kevin

128x128lobsterotter
In other words none of us can hear what you hear so we are just making gusses.

Jafant, cables are 20+ yrs old.
Biwired audioquest caldera. 
Aiudioquest diamondback ICs.

Have you tried cleaning every connector and tube pin and socket down the line? This is worth doing every six months, and may bring back the breath of life that you’re missing.

Audition an upper end Audience power conditioner if you can. Love mine with good but not ultra expensive power cords which clearly do make a positive difference. PowerChord Se is quite good. Mixing cables can work well too but it can become mind boggling. Just an opinion of course.