Solo streamer

I’m looking to replace my Cambridge CXN v2 with a streamer that has better SQ.  I want a streamer with no extra accoutrements: no DAC, storage capacity, etc., nothing but a streamer.  Is this available?

128x128rvpiano

@rvpiano

I don't think you can go wrong with a 60 day return policy. You probably know this, but you might experiment with different cables before you make a final judgment. I don't have real expensive cables, but I can hear differences. I might have misjudged my streamer with certain cables. 

I'm using a $3649 retail streamer (Innuos Zen Mk3) and a $1650 Gustard R26 dac.  I bought the streamer slightly used for $2000.  Do I need a better dac? I don't know. The Gustard is pretty darn good for the price. 

Read this review and do some additional research; it will soon become apparent that his DAC is likely the next weak link, restraining N200 from revealing its full potential.

https://goldensound.audio/2022/04/06/benchmark-dac3-b-review-good-ish/

I have had a few streamers, the only one that has Stuck is the Magna HiFi Mano Ultra mkIII with separate Farad power supply…there is a bunch of software options, I use the Ropieee XL…for 1800$ It’s been flawless, 

‘out of the Netherlands…

Aurender N200 is a great streamer but is the value commensurate with the return?

Return meaning the most beneficial change in SQ. I was in the same boat, Node 2i into a Chord Hugo TT 2 into an M scaler. Everyone saying change the streamer.

My decision was up my DAC to a Chord Dave and the a DAC less streamer. After a serious deep dive these were the choices. Lumin U2, DCS network bridge, Aurender N10 (or 200), Inuous Zen MK III and Hifi Rose R130.  All good with different pros and cons, options etc. Really can’t go wrong with any of these as a streamer but if you’re looking for an increase in sonic quality look to your DAC first.