Soliloquy 6.2 Very Poor Treble .....

After several calls to David Berman at Soliloquy, without a response. I will put it to the Audiogoner's . Will I need to change the tweeter or rebuild the crossover to "brighten up" the highs in this speaker....Or should I just trade them off and start over ????. I kind of like the speakers if I could get them to sound a little better. Maybe that is why they are no longer in the speaker business...I think that changing the tweeter would be the easiest but I will be open-minded.....Thanks
autospec
Autospec,
How many hours do you have on the speakers?
They sound like doo doo for the first 300-500 hours.
Also, Distortion is right about Analysis Plus. We went to AP silver speaker cable, and it made a big difference. Finally, if you have the requisite number of hours on the speakers, try some jumpers or bi-wire. Those brass plates don't work too well.
I have them bi-wired with Audio Research Litz Line. I am not sure about the time on them, maybe 2-3 hundred hours...
Surprise to hear the 6.2 to have poor treble,I own the 5.3 and the HF are just great and extended and the 6.2 is supposed to be more open.

I used the newer aluminium tweeters in them and did not like it one bit(along with a friend of mine that also owned the 5.3 and the 6.2).

Sounded too hard,the soft dome tweeters(I assume you have the same?)were more revealing but smoother and natural.

Also a lot of people may not know that at least for the 5.3 and maybe the 6.2 the phase is inverted for the tweeters to increase dispersion,I've changed mine back to have them in phase with the rest of the drivers and have the sonics more focus and highs extended.

could it be it?

You should email my friend he knows a lot about soliloquy speakers and the 6.2.

Let me know

T.
Just to see if it is worth it to mod the speaker, try using a simple wire with alligator clips on both ends to bypass the resistor that probably exists in series with the tweeter. It will take all of about one minute to accomplish this, most of which will be analyzing the crossover circuit itself.

If this adds at least as much sparkle as you are looking for, the path to happiness is easy. If you like it as is, remove the resistor. If things are too bright, try guesstimating the value the replacement resistor would be. As an example, if there is a 10 Ohm resistor in the circuit and bypassing it makes things screechy, try a 5 Ohm resistor. In the end, use a resistor at least as good as the OEM, and you will wind up with both more detail and less glare.

If going down this road works out, you will not affect the resale value whatsoever.
Autospec,
I see that you are selling those speaker cables. My suspicion is that a different pair of speaker cables and some more break-in time will be the ticket. You might even try a pair of Signal Cables. They're inexpensive, and worked well with those speakers. I've owned the 5.3's and the 6.2's, and neither had dull highs, except when paired with dulling cables.
Also, if you're not sure about break-in time, read the comments here and on Audio Review about those speakers. Anything less than 300-500 hours, and they just don't sound good.
Good luck,
Howard