Solid state - How wide can 3D image go

Hi All,

I know my rig is able to deliver 3D image however Because when I use my Philips CD player (CD 850MKII) I am able to get great  and wide 3D image even when using the CD player has a transport.

However when using the streaming part I am not able to get a 3D images has good has in the CD player. In streaming, Does anyone know what is the key factor to increase the 3D image?

Many thanks

Fil
filipedine
Hi All,

I know I can improve on my current network/streaming part, I am trying to understand what will make the most noticeable difference in regards to 3D imaging and sound stage. Would it be lps, switch, router, lan converters, power conditioners, etc

Got it, sorry I was missing the point. What are the other components of your system? 
Hi,

From the music server to the DAC I have:

1) server (HP Ellite 8000) running Roon with 2SSD one for os and the other for the music. The server is also running Fidelizer Pro with the Audiophile option set. I am using the Standard HP power supply.
2) the server links to a 8 port tp link switch that uses a ifi power brick.The LAN Cable used is a bespoke CAT8 copper/Silver.
3) from the TP-Link switch It then goes to a TP Link lan to optic converter with a Ifi power brick and the same CAT 8 Cable.
4) on the other end of the optic cable (20m) I have the same TP-Link converter & ifi power brick.
5) from point 4 the data is passed through to a Silent angle switch using the silent Ângel power brick.
6) the 1st SA witch passed data to another silent Angel switch that then passes on to the Moon DAC.

Step 5 and 6 uses the same CAT 8 cable.

It sounds like you have the cabling and isolation well thought out. I have considered using the relatively low cost TP Links, do you have any feedback on them? Did they make a difference?

I am sure there are those that would differ, but while I think decent cabling and isolation make a difference, it is not going to provide the drastic improvements that good components will offer. Updating my preamp made a huge change and I have upgraded my power amplifier this year, improving imaging yet again. But preamp, that was a big one. Along with clean digital components, I continue my search to improve there.