So many YouTube clips to evaluate sound quality. Why???

There are several audio gear Youtubers chronically playing clips displaying speakers and amplifiers and even cables to have YouTube listeners evaluate sound quality.  And then they go to shows and display music clips from the very small Hotel rooms.  And yes I watch a few and some can be interesting. It's gotta be tough for these manufactures to go to these hotels all the time and deal with all the people. Basically, it's a mixture of all kinds of higher end components and somehow it's possible to appreciate what individual components sound like. $200,000 speakers surrounded by lots of other high-priced gear. How does one charge anything?

Are they trying to fool people with sound comparison music clips? What is the point and why are they wasting their time?  Maybe headphones might detect something.  I fail to appreciate why these individuals do this, and why do they dedicate so much time to this.  Are they being paid to promote speakers and amplifiers?  And then reading the comments where all these people seem to really believe they hear differences.

Time might be better spent explaining technical merits of the gear and opinions on how it sounds. And why their recommended gear is so expensive.  

emergingsoul

I suppose people who post this are trying to get views. I understand that if you get enough of them, you receive money.

...and it's Still difficult to be a heretic in the eyes of ones' peers...
Given the history of how 'they' were treated....

"Here, just clamber up onto this pile of gas-soaked logs...  Yes, a bit slippery...

Now, we're going to tie you to this post, so you don't fall off. 
Tight, but one can't be too lax when 'safety' is paramount. ;)

For sure, the crowd is pretty incoherent and loud....just enthusiasm....and the torches are here for the cameras....

Now we're just going to make sure you're warm, and not catch a cold...."

....generally what happens when one strays....😏
My humour 'bout it all is a bit....no, a lot oblique....

Follow your muse towards the music you seek and enjoy by whatever means you employ; end of any day that's what's important.
That's my excuse, and I fall or rise with it.

Oh, and I don't listen on a laptop, or my phone; a smaller version of my walsh' 2 ways in a small room I call an office.  So I can least try to act vaguely fair about listening to anything through multiple layers of digital processing..

If there’s no differences between sound clips, then all sound clips sound the same right? Of course they don’t, and no one is suggesting you’re hearing the same thing as you would live. The people who film on YouTube generally say it’s not the same, but it’s a taste. If you know your system, you’ll understand the differences in sound clips based on your system. That taste is enough to tell you whether you think you would have liked the sound live or not. In itself, it’s as good a metric as reading someone’s description of the sound, and choosing to demo a product based on that.

Post removed 

@pabs85 , and since they don't, one still is faced with the same 'go/no go' choice(s)....

Case in point:  I've got a 'now ancient' YT post of a pair of an early DIY Walsh pair, with some comments on why they don't sound like they did/do here.

Mono Point/Shoot camera below fluorescent lamps in a commercial space, which was rather 'raw' at the time.

Did I expect kudos?  Not really, just wanted to document my 'sota' at the time.

Can I improve on that?  Sure....if I want to rent a pair of mikes' from Guitar Center, and go through the process of doing a 2 chan digital recording with my puter that drives part of my current system....in the midst of all the other pending projects of a higher priority and time issues.

IOW, when I get a round toit in hand... ;)

And then it's on YT, when I'd rather post to SoundCloud instead....