So many great golden era DD tables out there, what do you recommend for $1000?

Pretty much as the title says.
Have been looking for a while for a decent DD table to add to my lot.
Have bought a few lower end ones and ultimately been dissapointed.
Now I know there were/ are literally hundreds of choices from the Japanese Golden era of DD tables.
Looking for suggestions from actual owners of solid DD tables up to about $1000 .
I have read and read but nothing substitutes for real experience.
This would likely not be my primary table, my Garrard 401 has that position for now.

Thank you.
128x128uberwaltz
the circuit board is simpler with more integrated circuits than the 1970’s TT71

naaaah ...impossible, I don't see in the TT71 a complicated board, just a messy wiring. :)

https://i.postimg.cc/05cYb9Mt/P1010219.jpg
I can only recommend  from my personal experience:
1. Technics SL-1600 mk2
2. Technics SL-1650
3. Technics SL-J33(Linear tracking- no hassles of alignment)
4. Sansui P-L95R(Linear tracking- but I don’t know how long the autoreverse will last. Mechanically complicated). 
What about the audio technical direct drive tables.  I have one in my basement system that serves me well.  I am using a $200 at cartridge and it sounds pretty good to me.  Are these considered to be horrible turntables?  The total cost of table and cartridge was less than $500.  Good luck in your pursuit.

"Actually I would prefer a mostly manual DD TT, a lot less to go wrong with aging electronics."

Find yourself a nice DP59L and let the good times roll...The old Denons are hard to beat. I have (2) DP52F, a DP61F, and a DP59L.. Finding the 61F is tuff, it was the top fully auto that Denon made.  The 52F is almost as bad.  However, the 52F sister unit,  the 51F does shows up on that "other site" regularly enough... I've had my first 52F since 1982 and it's never missed a beat...