So I just bought a Hegel H390 and

I am building a new system and I just bought a H-390.  It should arrive by the end of the week.  I want to get new to me speakers to go with it. So if you’ve have or have had a Hegel H-390 or a H-590,  what speakers under $10.000 sounded the best.  And I guess I should probably get some wires also.  Nothing crazy, but not zip cord.

Thanks.

JD
128x128curiousjim
I have listened to this Hegel amp at my local dealers, playing through many different speakers, and they all sounded great. Note: his listening room was purpose built and treated. I have heard Qln, Dynaudio, Dalis and Wilsons, and they all sounded great. You have a lot of work to do to find out what you like, but part of the joy is in the hunt! If you do not have a local audio store to help you, buy a used reputable brand of speaker that looks good to you and sell them if you don't like them! Good luck.
Hegels and Wilsons play very well together. Being the Wilson sound overall is highly resolved, the Hegel amps bring two good things to a nice center. In your price realm The Watt Puppies would get you there, or a pair of Sabrinas. A little above budget, but can be found “used” right in the ballpark. I wouldn’t hesitate for a second with a 390/Sabrina combo.
I used the h390 with my Raidho C1.1  and they sounded great.  Then got the h590 which was even better, but could have lived with the h390. Then moved up to the Raidho D1.1 and the H590 drove them without any problem.  Now everything sounds great in my 13’x20’ room. I’m using the MG Audio Design Planus 3 speaker cables.  If you buy used you can find the Raidhos in you budget.  If your  going with 390 the C1.1 would be the better fit and also more affordable. Lots of great reviews on Hegel and Raidhos to read. 
Try the monitor audio gold 300 generation 5 very natural sounding speaker that MPD tweeter is amongst the best in the world
As some have noted... the Hegel amps are especially great at driving Harbeth speakers.

I have the H590 - which I bought especially because it sounds so good with my Harbeth 30.1's and 40.2's - just as Alan Shaw has suggested.  

It has the power / current / damping to control the woofers / mids to provide the clarity the Harbeths need.  

Just as it does here:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=harbeth+30.1+with+hegel