SME 312S versus SME V-12

These are SME's two 12" arms. The difference is that the 312S has a detachable headshell for azimuth/cartridge swapping and static VTF while the V-12 has a fixed headshell/continuous arm tube and dynamic VTF.

Has anyone heard and compared these arms to each other? I just retested static versus dynamic VTF on my SME V arm and prefer the dynamic, so that may answer my question, but I'm curious to read what others think of these two arms as I've never heard them. Thanks.
peterayer
Hi Halcro,

Could you provide me a link to see the counterfeit Dynavector DV-507MkII. I'll compare it by curiosity against the pictures of the one on Dynavector's website.

Thank you,

Sébastien
Recent reports from Albert Porter's system page indicate that there is a substantial sonic difference between these two arms.
Hi: I've had the opportunity to hear both arms using a mid-priced Lyra low output MC cartridge. Bottom line--the upcharge for the V-12 is not justified. Save your money and buy a pricier cartridge whose sound you prefer over what's offered in the Lyra line, or put the price difference into a better (read: more desirable) turntable. Happy listening! - Stereoman