single versus multiple driver?

I have for years been thinking over the idea of a single driver easy load speaker with low powered set amps. I would love to take the plunge but am a little weary about the performance and risk. I listen to mostly classical,opera,jazz,older pop recordings and the like. I am presently using a pair of sounddynamics three way 300ti speaker and driving them B&K M200 amps. also bass is supported with the use of a Rel StrataIII sub. I am asking the question have any gone to single and been very disapointed and gone back to multiple drivers? I mean it really seems like a no brainer single speaker with no crossover should account to better sound? Thank you all and happy holiday.
schipo
Unless someone comes out with a better speaker than Ed's Hornshoppe Horns (factoring in the price as well) I'll never go back to a multiple driver speaker. They are so true to the sound. Keep in mind, all single driver speakers don't even remotely sound the same so take all personal experience with that grain of salt. I believe Ed has found the perfect driver (Fostex has a big line of drivers) that suits his cabinet design perfectly. The only way I'll upgrade is if I win the lottery and try some larger, single driver design (I'll probably be disappointed when I do).
i heard the hornshop horns. i don't see the big deal about them. it's just a speaker. they were driven by a deckert set amp.

a panel speaker is much preferred.
A few years back I took a long drive out to E Hampton, NY to listen to a pair of Carolina Audio JTM's. A single driver speaker. I was using a pair of Dynaudio 1.8MKII's.
Well when I walked into the sellers house and I first saw those speakers did I ever thought how I just wasted my time and gas money for such a long ride. Was I disappointed.
A 4" driver in a wide shallow tall box. Yuck!
Well I was there so I took a listen.
Within 5 minutes I said I'll take em.
Sold the 1.8's within days and never looked back.
Now they didn't go deep enough in the bass for me.
After all I built a pair of Fried model "H" subs for the Dynaudio's. I had Ronnie build me a pair of transmission line subs using the no longer available 7" Jordan driver.
I now have the best bass I've ever heard.
No Not boom, boom, thud that's so prevalent today.
The bass is like comparing the midrange of a pair of Quad 57's to the midrange of a pair of Cerwin-Vega's.
It's shocking what so many people are missing.
Bass wise.
http://rthack.tripod.com/