Simplifi Audio - DSpeaker 2.0 ultra power supply

Simplifi audio has been the absolute worst audio dealer I've ever dealt with. I bought the $500 power supply for the Dspeaker 2.0 seven months ago - still haven't received it - and he's refused to respond to any calls or emails. Working with paypal to try to get a refund - but he doesn't respond to them either - so taking forever.

I should have known better - had a lousy experience buying the DSpeaker from him as well - took 3 months, but at least I finally got it.

Everyone says what a nice guy Tim is in person - and I'm sure he is - but this is a terrible way to run a business. Stay away from buying from him. Know lots of friends that gave had the same experience.

Anyone else having same issues with them?
dsiemer1
@Islandman2000-I had a conversation a while back with a guy who repairs Astrons and he told me to look at 7A or higher, apparently the build quality is better and the transformer is beefier.

@Ozzy-The Astron is analog, that powers a digital device, Dual Core 2.0
as an alternative to the excellent instructions Rodge827 provided, you could pick up a Philmore TC218 DC Coax Plug, which is already terminated with the necessary 2.1mm plug and has a nice 18awg pigtail (most of these are much smaller). terminate with your preferred bananas and you're all set.
I bought a used Astron RS-4A 13.8 VDC 4 Amp Power Supply off Ebay for 25.00. Before I did I emailed Toni at Dspeaker to ask about it. His opinion was more power than needed, but perfectly fine to use. A ham radio operator friend of mine said the Astron brand was highly regarded because of it's clean power, and reliability. It was one of the more respected ones he said.

Once I installed the Astron I can honestly say I heard an immediately improvement. Bass had more definition and punch. Midrange had some extra clarity that was noticeable. The unit just came more "alive". I am thinking when I heard this "why in the world would Dspeaker use this cheaper wall wart when using a good linear power supply like this makes the unit sound like it just increased in price!" I listened to the DC with this power supply daily for about 6 weeks before switching back to the "switching" power supply that came with it. The difference in sound to the negative was instant. There was so much of a difference that I emailed Toni at Dspeaker again to suggest that Dspeaker needs to either upgrade the power supply, or raise the price and include an external linear power supply. After all, why hold back on the power supply if it makes the Dspeaker sound that much better?

I have heard of people paying of upwards to 500.00 for a power supply for the DC. IMHO, I am just not sure how much more of a difference it would make, and I am not willing to shell out 500.00 to find out until I read about a side by side comparison. I am thinking that the improvement is such that Astrons are all you need.
Quick question.
Will the Aston SL-11A also provide improvement to the Anti-Mode 8033 Cinema model?
Thank you.
Jon
Post removed