Simaudio's New Moon 700i Integrated

Simaudio just announced the new Moon 700i integrated. It is above the i-7 and has more power. Has anyone heard or seen the new model. I'm trading my i-7 in for one of these new unit in the next month. Can't wait!\

They are also coming out with a Moon 750D DAC/Transport as well. Which I'm going to order as well. Any one see this one as well? THANKS!
joeyboynj

Showing 2 responses by cmalak

Joeyboynj...i talked to my local Simaudio dealer and he said they are coming out with a DAC based on the 750D architecture (i.e., ESS Sabre 32-bit DAC with their asynchronous jitter elimination design) that should come in at the $3K range sometime in 2010. Their current new 300D DAC is based on the BurrBrown PCM 1793 DAC chip similar to what they use in their Moon CD 1 player. I am going to audition the 300D but my sense is it's probably going to be similar to current offerings in the $1-$2K range (Benchmark, Bryston, etc...). If the 750D is all it's cracked out to be and you don't need a transport, then waiting for the stripped down DAC based on the same architecture may be the way to go. At least that's how I am thinking about it.