Simaudio 810lp vs. Brinkmann Edison phono stage

Has anyone compared the Simaudio 810lp phono stage vs. Brinkmann Edison phono stage, or other similarly priced and performing phono stages, tube or solid state.

Using MC cart, balanced or unbalanced.

Thanks on advance for your comments.
jon47

Showing 2 responses by lewm

Raul, you’re correct but my point was that a preamp with an output impedance of 1000 ohms can drive even as low as a 10K load without problems of the sort you mentioned. And  the great majority of amplifiers especially including solid state ones, have an input impedance well above 10K.
Raul, I have no comment on your other statements, but 600 to 1000 ohms is not really a problem for driving almost any amplifier one might want to use, including solid state types.  Not many amplifiers present an input impedance below 10K ohms.  Even such an amplifier, if it does exist, could be driven pretty well from a 1000-ohm source.  So, I would not eliminate the Brinkmann from consideration solely based on that parameter. But that's just my opinion.

As an aside, I also have to wonder at your statement: "The worst place to handle an audio signal is in a phono stage no matters what."  Do you know of any phono stages that don't handle audio signals?  If so, what are they handling?