Should we upgrade high end fuses?

Have anyone try these fuses? since we put lots of money for better power cord, power line or power condition etc, but at the end power has to go through the stock fuse... Please share your experience. Thanks.
amthanh

Showing 2 responses by 42659

The Acme fuse holder does have a thin silver plate but the base metal is not copper or bronze. I have already done research and can find no high quality fuse holder. Simply replacing the fuse without addressing the fuse holder only gives you partial results. Oh how nice my system sounds with the fuses and fuse holders removed.

Johnny
I have (3) HIFI tuning fuses in my system and it did make a noticable postive improvement in the sound (cleaner and more detailed) but bypassing the fuse and fuse holder all togeather (going fuseless) provides far more sonic gain. When I removed the fuse from my cat JL2 amp, Jadis preamp and a fuse on my dynavector phono headamp the upgrade was far greater than simply changing fuses. The cheap fuse holder, usually about 85 cents retail on most audio units, really degrades the sound even when a upgraded high end audiophile fuse is added. It would be nice if somebody made a pure copper or bronze fuse holder to go with the expensive audio fuses currently on the market but to the best of my knowledge nobody does, what a shame as the fuse holder is the real choke hold.

Johnny