Should I upgrade my system while losing my hearing?

WOW!!! My system sounds great. Wifey says it sounds great & leave it alone. Yet I believe I know the weak spot in my system and I want to upgrade it (Tonearm). Yet some would say that my amp is weak. Its just a VTA Dynaco ST-70. But Lordy, does it sound good. Even so, I'll probably replace it because the power switch is on the back which makes it hard to get to turn it on *& off.. But then I think of my age (68) in 2 months and my hearing loss and I ask,   does it make sense to upgrade? Should I really spend thousands of $$$$$$ to get a 3-8% improvement? But who's to say it won't be 20%..........25%? And with my hearing loss, will I be able to hear it? I hear music pretty good. Its conversation I don't hear. But I've heard enough conversations , etc anyway. 
I often think about my old step father who often said, "There ain't no fool like an old fool". I think I understand what he meant.. AWW I'm gonna do what I want anyway. Just making conversation. But does it make sense to upgrade my system? Or get hearing aids? Ain't gettin' old fun?

128x128artemus_5
I use digital hearing aids and really like them. When tested, 4k and up were found to be way down, something like 40dB (I don’t remember exactly but it was significant.)
Correction was setup to less than 100%. I was told that I’d have a problem with total correction since it would seem way too bright. 
My system includes a DSP which is not adjusted flat. Not sure how it sounds to others but it sounds great to me. Without hearing aids it sounds like it has no top end. Kinda like I have a pillow over my head. 
My system hadn’t been upgraded for at least 20 or 25 years. Since I started wearing hearing aids I have been obsessively tweaking it. 
I will eventually get someone to sit down and assist with a “normal” EQ ie someone with normal hearing just as an experiment. 
Btw re the Dynaco power switch: why not plug your system into a power conditioner that has a master on/off switch?
Post removed 
Digital hearing aids are getting better by small increments. That being said, there is still way too much etching of the higher frequencies IMO.