Should I upgrade my Advent 5002 speakers?

I’m currently using a pair of Advent 5002 speakers.  I love them but feel like I may be missing a bit using such old speakers.  I’m using an ARC SP-14 with a pair of Luxman MB-3045 amps.  I’ve been intrigued by MoFi SourcePoint 10 speakers.  I know they’re new to the market, but does anybody have experience with the MoFi speakers?  I also have a pair of Boston Acoustics A400s that need refoaming and recapping.  I’m finally satisfied with everything else in my system but feel like the speakers may be the weak link in the chain.  Thoughts or suggestions?

128x128jdougs

Showing 2 responses by jasonbourne52

The best speaker is the one you like! Keep the Advents as a secondary pair because resale value is low. What is your budget for new speakers? Do you prefer stand mounts or floor standers? How loud do you like to listen? Favorite music genre? How important is bass for you? How much space do you have for new speakers? There are a wide range of choices available for speakers!

How about this: the speakers that impressed me the most over the past several years have been the Ohm Walsh Sound Cylinders! I bought a seond-hand pair quite cheaply. They may be the best sounding and better than any of the other speakers in my collection! And this includes my Quad 57's! Stunning 3 - D room-filling sound from any spot! The performers are right there in the room! I am impressed! Ohm Acoustics in Brooklyn, NY can probably build you a pair of Sound Cylinders in the finish of your choice. You can contact and speak to the owner John Strohbeen. Ohm has been established over 40 years!