Should I trust movers with my equipment?

Should I trust household movers with my equipment for
a long distance move (about 1100 miles)?
I would pack everything myself in mostly original boxes and
double boxing most things beyond that.
No big speakers, just a bunch of expensive electronics and monitors.
Or should I just rent a truck and drive my stuff by myself?
Thanks.
rgs92
There is nothing certain in someones else's hands that I wouldn't entrust firstly to my own.
Nope,
when it comes to my gear, I’ll pack it up, and move it myself.
speakers, audio gear etc etc.  

trust no no one with high dollar audio gear!
Better to inquire first about the reputation of the moving company. I don't think a company has years of experience could do this type of silly mistakes. What I think first you should prepare a list of whole things and keep it to you it would help you after the move to check out the status of each stuff. I would suggest better to ask prior, I mean who would pay the loss in case of any damage.
Rule no. 1 - Expensive electronics have about as much chance of making it all the way across country in one piece as a camel has of passing through the eye of a needle.
Affordable local and long distance moving company. NYCGoing.com - Cheap Brooklyn Movers . We specialize in packing all types of furniture, including your antiques, pianos, artworks, mirrors, and even chandeliers; electronics, including TV’s and kitchen appliances, as well as all types of valuables you may have in your home and want to transform safely into your new life.