Should I connect my OPPO BDP 105 to my PontisII?

I should receive my new streamer today and am wondering if I should connect my OPPO BDP 105 to the Pontis II DAC?  The OPPO is currently connected to my preamp via XLR cables.  These inputs will have to change since the preamp inputs will be used by the Pontis.  What would be the best option since the Pontis I2S inputs will be used by the Iris DDC?  It appears that it would have to be either via optical or coax.  

128x128davegolf2424

Just a question here- if you want to play an SACD, doesn’t that have to be done from the analog outputs of the OPPO? I recall with my Sony XA9000, I used a coax to a Bel Canto dac for CD withe the outputs of the BC into my integrated amp and the outputs of the Sony into another set of inputs on the integrated for SACD. I initially thought it would cause a ground loop, but it didn’t. I don’t know whether your particular setup can do SACD without this setup, but I think the OPPO cannot output DSD data directly. I had a 205 and I don’t think it could. If you don’t play SACDs it doesn’t really matter.

I use my used $250 OPPO to output DSD via the HDMI output to this device.

GeerFab Audio D.BOB Digital BreakOut Box – Upscale Audio

I use a Schitt Yggi+ LIM or a Benchmark DAC3B to convert. Way better than the OPPO doing the conversion.

@chayro It also plays CD'd great. It improves on the internal OPPO DAC with an external DAC. Not sure how this is legal (the pure DSD out) but it is out there for sale.