Shopping for a DAC at AXPONA

I finally retired yesterday (at 77). Since I didn't receive a gold watch, or actually anything at all, from my employer, as a celebratory gift to myself I decided that I would buy a new DAC to replace my Lumin T2.

I intend to listen to several higher-end DACs at AXPONA, but it is unlikely that I shall be able to get more than a cursory sense of their qualities -- particularly given all the other equipment, and the room environment itself, will be far different from what I have at home. Here are the DACs I especially wish to hear:

Bricasti (M1 Series II and/or M21); dCS Bartok APEX; Lumin X1; MSB Discrete; Playback Designs MPD-6 w/Stream X-2; and Weiss Engineering (DAC502 MkII -4ch and/or Helios).

I would be grateful to receive the thoughts of others about these DACs and, particularly, your thinking regarding any contrasts between two or more of them.

Thanks!

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xjmeyers

The DAC’S in the Esoteric XD series are real good too. If case you see some at the show.

we would recommend the Bricasti Weiss and Aqua Hifi the aqua dacs are

extraordinary 1 they are completely modular, and can be upgraded as new technology comes out

a 432evo Aeon server when added to any of these dacs makes a very analog like sound

Dave and Troy

audio Intellect NJ

Aqua, Bricasti and 432evo dealers

Aries Cerat Helene (or any of their DACs). A totally different animal from what you plan to audition.