Setup with three speakers, smart tv, and wireless amp/receiver

So, I was finally able to get ahold of the Blueroom/Scandyna Minipods (a pair of unique-looking stereo speakers), and as part of the sale, I also received the Cinepod (a center channel speaker). Some information on the speakers on the following link:

https://futureshapeofsound.com/birth-of-the-cinepod

While I do have a smart TV and would like to utilize the speakers for movies time-to-time, listening to my music collection on the PC is more of a priority. 

I originally planned to buy something like Bluesound Powernode (wireless DAC/AMP), so that I could stream my music collection to it. Getting a center speaker complicates things a bit, as I don't believe that I can power it from something like Powernode - rather I need to buy a receiver.

Now the question becomes, for LISTENING TO MUSIC, would having a center speaker improve the sound? I did some search and I heard different opinions..

I heard the Minipods are pretty decent-sounding, except that they lack a bit of bass. The Cinepods do have a wider frequency response (  28 - 22.000 Hz ( ± 3dB ) VS 55 - 22.000 Hz ( ± 3dB ) of minipod), but I don't know if that translates to a better bass. Also, if I were to incorporate the center speaker, I would be powering it through a receiver (Denon?) rather than a more specialized amp like the Powernode.

If the answer to the question is YES, then I would be inclined to forego the Powernode and go for a quality wireless receiver (any recommendations for a good one that also looks sleek?). 

If the answer to the question is NO, then I would get the Powernode and think about adding a subwoofer sometime in the future. I might also try to find a cheap receiver just so that I can incorporate the center speaker when I am watching movies on my smart TV. 

Or, I can just sell the center speaker and simplify the setup with Powernode + two speakers (and maybe  a subwoofer down the road). My living room has a modern, minimal decor, so there is some motivation to keep things simple. But I am guessing, at least for movies, the center channel would be of help. 

I would appreciate any answers to my questions and any other recommendations that you might have.

Thanks!

128x128resveratrol3

Showing 1 response by james633

Audioholics is a good source to read about listening to multi channel music. I am sure you can find It on YouTube or their website. It is not personally for me but some of their writers seem to like it.