seperates over integrated. Why?

This is a general question, raised by an experience today.I own a Tube Technology Seer pre, and today turned down one of their integrated amps at $700. I'm running home made triode monoblocks through the preamp with Fi Phy and Ear 834p and the preamp's phonos, and One thing audio Quad ESL57's. All these years of gradually changing gear, and thinking about cables, and all the different bits of gear, just buying an integrated sure sounds good right now. The Tube Technology pre's phono stage is up there with the other 2, only being inferior during exhaustive ABing. So whats the fuss? All those cables degrading the signal with seperates, or "it all in together" integrateds vibrating and cross-talking the signal away? I ASK THIS CONFUSEDLY.
gilbodavid

Showing 4 responses by robm321

I agree the individual power supply is a plus, however, given the other factors I don't see why integrates should be second best. I think it's a cultural thing. Audiophiles feel inferior with integrateds.

I went from seperates to integrated, and I'm happy with it.
No Stanhifi - you've done nothing but restated what I said earlier that there is a benefit to having seperate power supplies, but other than rehashing what I said and saying who's right and who's wrong you didn't really help us understand anything more clearly.
Matti,

I probably couldn't show all of that, but at least you’re hinting at some actual facts as to why separates may be better. I appreciate you not taking the condescending approach - "it's better cuz I said its better, indisputably"

Rob
"not condescending just being factual" - "Perhaps you'll understand it with more experience in the hobby"

Maybe you should look condescending up in the dictionary. I'm not even arguing with you. My experience has been that seperates sound better as the price goes up, but as the thread asks, WHY?" - I don't know why.

I was assuming that you could enlighten us since you seem so confident with the facts, but I can't seem to get any reason out of you as to WHY it sounds better. I just get your opinion over and over with nothing to back it up, so I'll give up.

Matti,

I agree - it is a great time to be a beginner in this hobby.