Sennheiser HD 800 aftermarket cable

I have a pair of the HD 800 HP’s and have modded them with great improvement. I had been listening to them with WyWires platinum cable but I carelessly broke them and am now looking for something different. Does anyone have experience with Synergistic Research’s Atmosphere HP cables for the HD 800? If you like the combo please tell my why. If there’s another cable you think is a better pairing feel free to say so and please let me know why. $800 is a steep price to pay and I’d like to hear as much as possible about the SR cables before taking the leap. One good indication: I can’t find any for resale. And as 2nd interest, what about Moon Audio Black Dragon Premium cable?

mewsickbuff

Showing 3 responses by mewsickbuff

jim204, which Cardas and how do they handle bass? big_greg, I have the CH800S and the bass sounds boxy to me with my amp. Funny though, years ago I used the CH800S with the Sennheiser HDVA 600 amp and it made those headphones sound awesome.

Strange, with all the SR customers, I found only 2 reviews on the Atmosphere cable. One by a customer on high-end and the other on Head-fi. That isn't very encouraging. Maybe the saving grace will be the 30 day money back policy...

bslon, I'd say most of my listening is digital. I have both the Sennheiser HD 800 RCA and XLR cables.The RCA sounds pretty good directly connected to my DAC's HP socket but I'd like to get the best SQ possible Unfortunately there's no XLR input on the DAC and I don't want to buy a headphone amp. I prefer an XLR connection but if RCA sounds very good I'll be happy. ted_denney I'd love to give your Atmosphere's a try. I looked up Foundation series cables as you instructed. There's a lot of info on IC's, digital, power and speaker cables, but I still don't see any specific to the HP cables. Seeing you have Foundations and Atmosphere HP cables, what's the difference or improvement in sound especially with an RCA connection?