Seeking recommendations for DAC to amplifier balanced XLR cable

The amplifier is Musical Fidelity M6si and the new DAC is RME ADI-2 DAC FS, both great devices. At first I connected them with AQ Colorado 1m RCA. I happen to believe, however, that balanced cabling, which is possible between these two devices, has theoretical advantages over single-ended. I ordered Sommer Epilogue XLR cable from Germany, plugged it in yesterday and compared... Unfortunately AQ Colorado beats the newcomer. I have 2 choices: stay with AQ Colorado RCA (since it already plays great) or look for a better XLR cable. Any advice here is welcome! 
ghjuvanni
Only if your components are differentially balanced will the use of XLR interconnects make a difference..   If you have d/b components, all XLR sound pretty much the same. 
@stringreen ,
+1,
I listened to Ralph Karsten when buying balanced equipment. If the equipment supports the AES 47 standard, then any XLR cable should perform as well as another.
Bob
I am playing around with cables. I have been using a pair of older Purist audio with RCAs. They were great cables in the 90s. I recently bought an amp with balanced inputs and wanted to try some newer technology and ventured to AQ red river vs Mackenzie and another pair of XLO don't know the model. The AQ was better than the XLO. Still trying to decide between the Red River vs Mackenzie but neither was better than the Purist but close. I do want XLRs and don't want to pay for the new Purist. For grins I went to Guitar Center and asked what there best microphone cable was and they referred me to a Mogami brand. I see they used OFC and they were a whomping $50 with a 60 day return policy I thought to try then out. Surprisingly good. I haven't ruled out AQ yet, but will be doing more test this weekend. Just thought I would share this. The fact that this cable comes this close at 1/5th of the price I could highly recommend you try them. Cables are very system dependent so trust your ears.
@magneto340  I would go with Mogami Gold. I am using Sommer Epilogue (imported from Germany) and I am very happy. Good quality XLR balanced cables should all be the same, I think. No reason to pay for exotic cables.
You should try JPS Labs Superconductor 3 ,They have everything you are looking for. I have a nice mint pair XLR for sale on Agon  in your budget.