Seating distance to Magnepan 3.6r's?

I'm moving from my current living conditions to a new apartment. The main room (living room and listening room) is 17 feet wide by 26 feet long with 10 foot ceilings. My questions is: the Maggie's will be approximately 4 to 5 feet from the front wall, what is a proper listening distance, how far back should one's listening chair be?
Thanks for all your comments.
zippyy
Around 10' out from the rear wall (9.88' to be exact) should give a smooth response in that room. (you can measure to confirm)

Place the maggies at 6.18' out from the front wall, and 4.69' on bass panal center, from side walls.

I used the "CARDAS" dipole speaker setup method on the speaker location, and the 38% seating rule from the "REAL TRAPS" web site for seating location.

Works for me in my room.

Dave
Sogood,
That's puts the distance from listening position to the speakers at around 10 feet. I might be able to accommodate that. Thanks for your input.
I am along time Maggie owner , having Tympani 1Ds and 20.1s. The general rule of thumb for maggies is to use what is called the rule of thirds to start with...that is...place your 3.6s 1/3 the distance from the back wall of the room (example ..if the rm is 18 feet deep..then place the 6 feet from the back wall)..this same rule is applied to the side walls..so if the room were 12 feet wide, place each speaker,s center 4 feet from each side wall.

This give you a starting point and from there you will need to listen then move them to find the best sound and imaging.

Your 10 foot ceiling is a big plus because it gives the 3.6s breathing room and avaids standing waves more common in 8 ft ceilings. But be prepared to move things around ...it's worth the effort. Good Luck
Thanks Jafo100.
Since my room is 26.5 feet long, I hope I don't have to end up with the speakers 9 feet out into the room. Sogood51 thinks it will end more like 6 plus feet according to Cardas. We'll play around and see what happens. Thank you for your insight as well.
I like both the Cardas and the rule of thirds (if you have room) for Maggies. Typically you would create an equilateral triangle between your chair and two speakers for a listening position.

BTW you have a near perfect room size based on a (very old) article in TAS - they mentioned 16 x 26 x 10 as perfect for hi fi in general.