searching for cables, reminded how pathetic Audiogon's search engine is

I can filter by type of cable to a point; interconnect or speaker but no phono sub-category, I can also set price limits, which is nice, but what about the extremely important factors like RCA or XLR and the length? 

I can search amplifiers for solid state or tube... how about critical parameters like max power, channels, balanced or SE? How about a category for DC power supplies? 

and I could go on, but no point since I've brought it up repeatedly over the years.. the moderators agree it is a good idea... and nothing happens.

sad they won't invest a little in programming to make the site really useful .... end of rant... carry on
herman

Showing 1 response by 1969ui

I came across this old thread.
The issues about categories have two aspects. One involves sellers, and the other is search/filtering. If sellers do not put the listings in correct categories, the result is a mess. As the number of categories increases, the chance mis-categorized listings increases too. Imagine the situation.
Theoretically, a good search/filtering algorithm is the solution but there is always the need of balancing the amount of search research.
At the same time, a convenient tool for searching the specific equipment is to set a Email Alerts, like that in
https://www.theaudioboard.com/