Scratch - The Crusaders

You’ve all had an album that changed your thoughts on music.  For me it was Scratch by The Crusaders.  Care to share?

djtalsky

@onhwy61  That’s another favorite song of mine, never knew he played on it.  Thanks for the info!

I listened on youtube and liked it. This may sound strange but listening to it I could easily believe that they influenced Edgar Winter's White Trash. The music sounded so similar if you listen to the live ablum.

I can see that.  I’m a big fan of Edgar Winter, especially his first album, Entrance.  No “hits” on it, no airplay, but still very good.

When can I use literally?

You use literally to emphasize that what you are saying is true, even though it seems exaggerated or surprising. Putting on an opera is a tremendous enterprise involving literally hundreds of people. I literally crawled to the car.

@djtalsky is literally a very well educated person for using literally correctly.

Great to see Edgar Winter get some appreciation. Amazing talent!

Now, re “literallly”. I would describe its use differently. There is no claim to veracity when using the word. It is more a claim to accuracy, IOW, what you are saying by qualifying your statement as “literal” is that what you are saying is that it is an accurate representation of something else. Whether it is “true” or not is not relevant.