Schiit Vidar Outlaw RR2160

Getting back into vinyl so I dusted off my old Kenwood KA 701, JBL 110's and a Technics SLQ3.  They were all purchased in the late 70's and I am ready to start my upgrade process. Don't have a big budget compared to many on this forum, however, I will share with you what I am considering.   Upgraded the Technics with a Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB just recently.

B
y my choice of amplifiers in the topic heading, you can tell my budget is apx $700-800 for an amp. Why the Outlaw? Good reviews with the added bonus of a receiver. Planning to add at the same time a Schiit Freya pre-amp and a pair of Tekton Lores ($1000) for speakers.  So you can see my total budget is only 2400 for pre-amp, amp and speakers.  

If it helps I listen to female vocalists, classic rock, soundtracks and musicals.

Looking for feedback on my choice of equipment.  Thanks
128x128johnmarzy

Showing 1 response by rbstehno

You might want to get that preamp. If you read the stereophile review, the phono section was a weak link. If you get the Outlaw, break in the phono section for a week and then bring in your external phono preamp and do a a/b test. You will also get more adjustability with an external phono preamp for a wide range of cartridges