Schiit setup troubleshooting

I have 2 Aegir amps set up in monoblock configuration. The Schiit Freya S serves as my pre-amp. My source is a Lumin U1 Mini, connected via optical to a Chord Qutest DAC. The Qutest is connected to the Freya via single-ended connections, and the Freya is connected to the 2 Aegir amps via XLR. So, single-ended input into the Freya, then balanced output to the Aegir amps - this setup is not producing any audio. I have confirmed that there is a signal traveling to the Freya from the DAC. As recommended by Schiit, I am using the NEXUS modes on the Freya pre-amp (i.e. active modes, which should convert the single-ended signal to balanced), to no avail. Any thoughts on what might be causing this?
vingard
Then that qualified as a dumb question :)
How do you know the Freya is running? If it accepts single-ended inputs, then its easy to tell- you can simply connect an RCA cable to the input and touch the pin of the RCA at the other end. You should hear a buzz in the speaker if the volume is up a bit. 
You can perform this same test on the amplifiers. So if it won't pass the signal through the Freya, try that test on the amps. If that's a no-go, make sure your speakers are connected properly, if that's OK then this points at the amps...
Is the freya the new link in your system?

Have chosen the correct rca in using the top left remote button?
Are the connections in the rear correct? Ie xlr out, not in.

Mute isn't accidentally on

Just brainstorming:-)
I checked my speaker<->amp connections last night and it turns out that they are connected correctly. I removed the Chord Qutest from my system and inserted a Schiit Yggdrasil in its place, connected to the Freya S via balanced XLR. Now the system works perfectly (fully balanced throughout). Perhaps the Qutest is the issue - I will need to test that separately this weekend.
I check my speaker<->amp connections last night and it turns out that they are connected correctly.

Is the sub still connected?  And can you indicate the specific make and model of the sub, and describe exactly how it is connected to the amps?

In any event, glad you have made some progress.

Regards,
-- Al

I actually disconnected the sub completely and this did not solve the problem - it is a REL T5i.