Schiit Loki Max?

I'm considering buying the new Loki Max EQ for two reasons: 1) its capacity for remote function from the listening chair and 2) its reputed improved transparency (not the the Lokius I currently own isn't remarkably transparent). 

Has anyone tried one of these? ? ? 

stuartk

@mike_in_nc 

you stated:

“Although I can read the knobs, I prefer more definite indicators. I bought replacement knobs from DigiKey.”

Would you please tell me the exact knobs you selected that gave you the indicators you needed.  I want to purchase them for my Loki Max.

Thanks

I am evaluating it right now. So far I am leaning towards returning it as it does introduce a veil when connected to Accuphase E-650 tape loop. Slight, but it is there. On the other hand, I may keep it for use where recording quality is not great anyway.

Mikhailark, when do you hear this veiled sound from the Loki? Is this when the tone controls are active or is the sound veiled just being installed in your tape loop? I am connected from streamer to dac. Dac it output to my Accuphase 380 and I detect nothing veiled. I also rotate a pass 250, Hegal 390, Mac 352 and works and sound great. 

@dwest1023 - I am still evaluating. Obviously, when controls are active. I don't hear difference when everything is at zero or when bypass is on. I will give it some time. As I said, there is value anyway, I'd rather have poor recording corrected and simply defeat EQ in cases when I feel it is inadequate. It is all subjective, you know...