Schiit Aegir-Burn in Period

I have recently purchased two New Schiit Aegir Amps and running them in a mono balanced set-up. Can anyone with experience advise on an appropriate burn in period for the amps? Or, generally, what is a reasonable period of time to break-in solid state class A amps.

128x128pooch2

@yyzsantabarbara I got my Aegir 2 about a week ago and the wpc isn't an issue for music at all. I do watch some TV shows off the internet, so on one occasion I turned up the volume on a weak but bassy audio signal that had the woofers visibly bouncing on the B&W"s and the aegir shut down in protective mode. Other than that I can turn it up louder than I need to for streaming music. It has a full fat hi end soundstage that I'm more happy with, though I would have liked to have heard the Vidar amp in comparison, but don't want or really need the hassle The amp did cause a little listening fatigue for the first few days but it has been broken in so that it isn't an issue anymore. The rich sound it gives off seems to travel a greater distance at the same volume level than my emotiva amp did, I can hear in more in another room.This is a very addictive hobby though and I'm already focusing on other tweaks. I appreciated your helpful and encouraging input. Thanks!!

@grh1958 Congrats on the Aegir working for you. I have not heard the Vidar but I would rather take a chance on the Aegir over the Vidar. Even though the Aegir is low cost it is a rather good Class A. My Aegir 1 suffers a bit from mechanical noise that is really not that bad and your Aegir 2 has resolved. Sonically the Aegir is really good.

I moved my killer tube headphone amp to another room because an all Schitt stack came close to the headphone amp. That gave me options.

Schitt Aegir 1 | Schitt Mjolnir v3 preamp | Schitt Yggi+ Less Is More DAC.

@yyzsantabarbara The Schitt Yggi+ Less Is More DAC looks like a pretty good deal, I would imagine that it just oozes a quality sound. A fews months ago I replaced my denafrips ares with a used gustard A26 for a pretty good price. I think it went at more of a discount because of MQA’s format is being discontinued but’s still a very good sounding dac.

While I know that headphones can offer a fantastic soundstage my preference has always been chest thumping speakers. If I lived in an apartment I would definitely consider them or have both but I own a house without any neighbors that are close enough to worry about.

Shiit does seem to offer good quality products for reasonable prices which in the world of audiophile gear their value stands out. I never intended to make home audio a hobby, but I kind of fell into about 2 or 3 years ago by just telling myself I’m just going to upgrade this this one component and then I’ll be done. Somewhere along the line I just couldn’t stop. I’m not wealthy and this hobby seems to be a really big money pit 🤑, but I really enjoy listening to music as well as tweaking and upgrading.

I hear it’s pretty hot out your way in Santa Barbara so stay out of the hot sun. 🏝

I bought and then sold a lot of gear that cost a lot more than the Schitt gear I had. The amps and preamps from them are good and bettered by other gear I have. The Yggi+ DAC is amazing, both of mine are keepers, the OG and the LIM. I am done buying gear, except for the new RAAL 1995 Immanis headphone. Not really a hobby for me. Buying and selling this stuff was not something I wanted to do but it turned out I needed to do.

Santa Barbara is not too hot like LA. I am in the warmest part of town, and it has only hit 90 degrees 1 time this year.

And Now For Some Serious Good Schiit (Skoll Yggy!) - Reviews - Audiophile Style