Schiit Aegir-Burn in Period

I have recently purchased two New Schiit Aegir Amps and running them in a mono balanced set-up. Can anyone with experience advise on an appropriate burn in period for the amps? Or, generally, what is a reasonable period of time to break-in solid state class A amps.

128x128pooch2

@yyzsantabarbara I have the Freya + and that has XLR outs on it. I didn't realize until this morning that Shiit has another amp with about 60 wpc the RAGNAROK 2. It is a $100 more. Well like you say there's a 15 home trial but I would imagine that the postage would be on me. Here's to hoping that a Class A amp is worth the sacrifice of power and the dynamics of bi-amping.

I have not heard the RAGNAROK INTEGRATED AMP but this is what I would do. Call these guys after 10AM PST Thurs - Sun. 

The Schiitr

22508 Market Street

Newhall, CA 91321
(661) 495-1618*

Open Thursday thru Sunday, 10AM-6PM.**

I live very close by, and I think I will drop by on Friday after my trip to LAX airport. I called up last month to inquire about a DAC and I think I was given great advice which has saved me thousands on my previous idea of the DAC I want.

I think 2 Aegirs maybe the way I go but it would depend on the speakers. The Aegirs likely work better on the B&W because of the Class A. The Aegir is a dedicated amp while the RAGNAROK has features you do not need since you have the Freya+.

BTW - When I had the Freya+ I liked it with a Benchmark AHB2. Not sure how that would match with B&W buit I used that combo with a bright headphone and had no fatigue issues. I think the B&W would work.

@yyzsantabarbara I just watched a review comparing the Aegir 2 to a Vidar 2 amp also made by schitt and that amp sounded promising as well. The Aegir has already shipped and it’s just as well because it’s the only way I’ll know for sure if it’s what I want. I live in Northern N.H. close to the Canadian border. It’s a small town of about 2500 people and there isn’t any high end audio gear stores out here. I don’t really know anyone personally up here that even has a stereo, lol. So I do need to shop online places with a good return policy and schiit’s isn’t bad. I googled the amp Benchmark AHB2 and it looks pretty badass, but a little rich for me. I recently bought a gustard A26 dac and after I upgrade my amp I’m going to have to tighten my audio gear budget for a while. Thanks for the info and suggestion about calling schiit and I think I will.

There was a review of the Vidar and Benchmark AHB2. The Vidar did well against the AHB2.  The AHB2 is not one I would recommend with B&W but since you have the Freya+ that would work. If you can make the Aegir work power wise, then that would be a good system.

@yyzsantabarbara I got my Aegir 2 about a week ago and the wpc isn't an issue for music at all. I do watch some TV shows off the internet, so on one occasion I turned up the volume on a weak but bassy audio signal that had the woofers visibly bouncing on the B&W"s and the aegir shut down in protective mode. Other than that I can turn it up louder than I need to for streaming music. It has a full fat hi end soundstage that I'm more happy with, though I would have liked to have heard the Vidar amp in comparison, but don't want or really need the hassle The amp did cause a little listening fatigue for the first few days but it has been broken in so that it isn't an issue anymore. The rich sound it gives off seems to travel a greater distance at the same volume level than my emotiva amp did, I can hear in more in another room.This is a very addictive hobby though and I'm already focusing on other tweaks. I appreciated your helpful and encouraging input. Thanks!!