scd 777es sacd sony mod worth it?

hey. there is a gent (think he's a memeber here) who seems like a straight-up guy over the phone. he does mods for the 777es which, he says, really opens up the sound stage and mellows the highs. his name's richard and his website is http://www.audiomod.com/

just wondering if any people have done this mod and/or have thoughts about doing it. it's pretty cheap. i like the 777es as is but who knows what i'm missing.
equipment used with it:
arc vt100mkII
arc ref1 line
space-tech phono
oracle delphi mkI tt
acoustat mod III speakers
vandersteen 2wq sub

as always, thanks in advance.
kublakhan

Showing 7 responses by kublakhan

hey detlof, light a fire under their butts or something. let us know if they give you an ETA. i think i'm more excited about it than you are.
hey detlof, what mods are they making? caps? new soldering? do you know?
please do write a review when you get the machine back.
thanks
btw, why'd you decide to mod it and which options did you look into?
thanks guys! and as far as sony's 'warranty' goes i'm with you rcprince. and since i bought mine used i'm probably screwed anyway. but let's not scare anyone off this little darling. i love the 777 but there's always room for growth in a relationship.
:)
mes, detlof, dont leave us all hanging. PLEASE remember to post and compare when you guys get your boxes back. i can't wait to read the results!
God, i love this stuff.
:)
hey mes, any new opinions on the 777es?

also you mentioned price above but stated that it kept changing. is it too personal to ask what you ultimately paid for the mod?

after listening to your unit are you able to infer what kind of benefit the cheapo mod would provide? i have a feeling your mod might be over my head right now - and in the distant future.

thanks