SACD or not

I have a question regarding SACD format. I am looking to replace my CD player and noticed some CD players have the ability to process SACD and some do not.  I have never heard this format and was wondering if I should consider this in my purchase. My purchase price is in the $1400 range
I know people will question why I am using CD at all. That is another discussion for another time. I still like some physical media in my listening experience. 
I look forward to your comments 
schmitty1

I agree with those who have recommended Oppo. I started with a humble DV-980 and discovered the advantages of not just SACD; but DVDA, which was a really great format and there are still some available on ImportCDs.com; but also HDCD. Quit a few CDs in my collection had HDCD layers I never even know about until I put them in the Oppo. I am now up to an Oppo BDP-105 with EVS mods that cosr me about $1,300, if I recall. Besides the superior sound quality, it has the ability to stream (which I never use) and to play DSD and FLAC files which I download onto a USB thumb drive. That was a real revolution for an old vinyl guy like me.

I also have an Ayre universal player that cost about $1,000 more. It sounds slightly better on CDs and SACDs; but has no USB input. Now, it may be that my ancient auditory faculties are no longer able to appreciate the full difference in SQ; but for my money I should have been satisfied with the Oppo. I also had a BDP-95, and with the exception of not supporting DSD downloads, was quite the deal.

Is OPPO players still a affordable option since they seize production? Every reseller is asking 2 or 3 times of the original retail price 😔
I had compared sound track on the hybrid SACD and the difference quite significant between CD and SACD. I am using SA10-S1 and OPPO UDP-205. Marantz sounds significantly better. There are new titles appear every day for classical, jazz, and classic rock.

Quite a range of prices here.

https://www.hifishark.com/model/oppo-bdp-105

Look for a modded one and dicker. No need for Darby edition if you are focusing on audio. Find out who did the mods.