SA-CD/DVD-A?

So what do yall think about the future of these formats? I purchased two SA-CD's today Eric Clapton Slowhand and Incubus A Crow Left of the Murder. And I really enjoy both. But the thing is that it seems that their are not many avable at the local stores and Im scared to start a colection of them in fear that players wont play them in a few years and that this collection will be friviolus. But I do enjoy the quality.
accorddude

Showing 1 response by robm321

SACD and DVD-A obviously didn't catch on and take over. It still has a small slot in record stores. And it isn't new anymore. A lot of audiophiles predicted it was going to take the world by storm - It didn't. They were wrong.

I think the reason they were wrong was that there is a small percentage of people that appreciate quality music. So, where is the compelling event for the general public to get into "hi-rez". Not only that but a lack of a marketing push pretty much sealed its fate.

That being said I don't think it will go away any time soon, and as mentioned above, it will fill a niche for audiophiles for years to come.

I prefer LPs. Hi-rez sounds better than CD but not as good as LPs. There’s really no disputing that (although some foolish people will try). LPs cover the best sound (if properly recorded of course), and CDs cover just about all recorded music available. And I'm not about to add another format and software – two formats are enough for me.

Rob